New quest information

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New quest information

Post by Dafty on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:00 pm

Its time to decide what quests you want to do.

Legend beneath waves: The quest for the golden city of Lyrhaun
Classic fantasy style game with many sources and inspirations. The adventure concerns a male (default male, could be female though) elf ranger who is drawn by chance, fate, and design, into an epic three part trilogy quest to find all seven treasures of the golden city of Lyrhaun, and use them to draw it out of its watery grave.

Cowabunga, a tale of turtles in time
I haven't written this yet, but I really want to, so the first few attempts might have a lot more creative leeway as to how things actually work, but essentially it is an alternate re-telling of 'turtles in time', the TMNT video game from way back. OCs are possible in this setting once the settings rules and mechanics have been tested out and figured out. During the initial play through the characters (up to 6), are Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, Raphael, April O'neal, and Splinter. In this retelling all six of them have been moved in time.

Destiny written in stars, a tale of souls and fists
Set in a far-off world, it is a setting full of intense martial arts combat, sci-fi tropes, and fantasy tropes. Powerful clans war to control the single inhabited continent after the worlds tumultuous and violent history, which is rife with terraforming attempts, ice ages, and alien invasions. It is a tough, ruthless world full of hard choices, predators, and dangerous mortals.

Yggdrasil Saga; Quest of the holy waters
Set in a world in which all five continents are situated inside the branches and body of a literal yggdrasil tree (that is, a giant tree -actually- encompasses the whole world and all its lands). Something is deadly wrong with the tree, though. Winter is coming and the tree is dying and withering, reasons unknown. Find out why, stop it if you can, and beware, danger lurks around every bend. Nation building could also be done here, but would be set in a different time period, when the tree is not-yet imperiled.

Melvin's Quest
You are Melvin, the knightly son of two mages. Your world is in terrible peril from the evil emissions of the diamond of darkness, and its mighty servants who plague the land. You, and only you, survived the most recent atrocity, your lands people were all petrified. All of them. all at once. The only reason you survived is because you were sitting behind a hill desperately trying to get a much stronger knight's horse down from a tree after accidentally magic'ing it up there by fumbling an item. You are a hapless nerd with a build like a bean-pole. But you're the only hope you're world's got. Find the sword of power. Use it to destroy the diamond of darkness.

Monster's Saga; The fall of the heros of Elgyria
Mortal races have grown far to prosperous and powerful, monsters (all monsters), face extinction from vast numbers of leveled heros of very various classes and abilities. This is it. The last stand for monster kind. Or is it? The mortal races have grown so powerful that they threaten the gods themselves, and the gods have given permission for a certain percentage of all mortal populations to be killed before they become directly involved with no warning. Build an army, nation, or empire as a Dark Lord or Lady, or go on an individual quest as any one of very numerous monsters. This is a multiplayer game as well and monsters may compete with each other, though it is not advised until mortals have been pushed back some.
avatar
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Posts : 405
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Dafty on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm

JasperFrost wrote:Waves quest: -

TMNT quest: -

Soulfists: =

Yggdrasil: =

Melvin's Quest: -

Monster's Saga: + but only if run as solo to get the necessary depth a quest deserves

Only Melvin's Quest is a full blown solo quest. All the others are multiplayer.
avatar
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Posts : 405
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Dafty on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:32 pm

JasperFrost wrote:
Dafty wrote:
JasperFrost wrote:Waves quest: -

TMNT quest: -

Soulfists: =

Yggdrasil: =

Melvin's Quest: -

Monster's Saga: + but only if run as solo to get the necessary depth a quest deserves

Only Melvin's Quest is a full blown solo quest. All the others are multiplayer.

Change my votes to all - then

Well shit. Lets wait and see if anyone else is into this before we write this off totally, becau... what the fuck am I thinking. DERP! Legend beneath the waves is also a soloquest.

I'm sorry, I forgot it was a soloquest too.
avatar
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Posts : 405
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by JasperFrost on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Dafty wrote:I'm sorry, I forgot it was a soloquest too.

Monster's Saga could be legit, I just don't see how making it a multiplayer quest instead of a one-nation collective game would add anything to the thing, on the other hand we would see losses in detail and overall depth by opening it up to multiple single-player nations.

JasperFrost

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Dafty on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:04 am

JasperFrost wrote:
Dafty wrote:I'm sorry, I forgot it was a soloquest too.

Monster's Saga could be legit, I just don't see how making it a multiplayer quest instead of a one-nation collective game would add anything to the thing, on the other hand we would see losses in detail and overall depth by opening it up to multiple single-player nations.

most of the other players prefer to do nation building type stuff. If however we set it up so that each player was the head of a "department" within the nation that could work.
avatar
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Posts : 405
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by JasperFrost on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:10 am

Dafty wrote:
JasperFrost wrote:
Dafty wrote:I'm sorry, I forgot it was a soloquest too.

Monster's Saga could be legit, I just don't see how making it a multiplayer quest instead of a one-nation collective game would add anything to the thing, on the other hand we would see losses in detail and overall depth by opening it up to multiple single-player nations.

most of the other players prefer to do nation building type stuff. If however we set it up so that each player was the head of a "department" within the nation that could work.

That's something I would follow. Monster Politico Quest, with each player motivated by slightly different things but electing and voting for one another and then running a Monster country to glory against the humans.

+

JasperFrost

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Dafty on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:37 am

JasperFrost wrote:
Dafty wrote:
JasperFrost wrote:
Dafty wrote:I'm sorry, I forgot it was a soloquest too.

Monster's Saga could be legit, I just don't see how making it a multiplayer quest instead of a one-nation collective game would add anything to the thing, on the other hand we would see losses in detail and overall depth by opening it up to multiple single-player nations.

most of the other players prefer to do nation building type stuff. If however we set it up so that each player was the head of a "department" within the nation that could work.

That's something I would follow. Monster Politico Quest, with each player motivated by slightly different things but electing and voting for one another and then running a Monster country to glory against the humans.

+

I could probably do that.
avatar
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Posts : 405
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Dafty on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:47 am

I'm thinking about something KOTOR (knights of the old republic) ish.

Fair warning; Jedi have alignment expectations similar to that of a paladin, MOST sith are straight up satanic monster tier evil assholes.

However, because I've not read the books or the extended universe, while this is the star wars universe, all the planets and locations on them were made by me. Though this doesn't mean characters don't exist. If you wish to use a canon character as a mentor or background NPC it would be permitted, though I would retain absolute and final veto authority. Those of you who have played with me before know that I am usually fairly lenient with my final veto authority.

In addition and finally, there are some mechanics changes. "Beam" weapons now shoot laser mazer or phaser fire, rather than just generic beam, and some can be switched around between them. Finally, droids are very difficult to target with certain force abilities because they don't (usually) have an organic brain, so mind control and illusions and such almost always (99% chance) fails.

There is no heavily entrenched storyline yet, but most of the races are playable because of the location of the planet cluster, which has at least 2 trade routes through it.

Some non-universe things may be permitted, but if there is a widespread vote of "no" against something, I'm probably not going to do it.

Currently open to players.

Currently unplayable: Hutts who are already crime bosses, sith who are already very powerful, Force Ghosts, Outer-dimensional lifeforms, Yuzhon-Vong.
avatar
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Posts : 405
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by BoneJaw on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:05 am

Dafty wrote:I'm thinking about something KOTOR (knights of the old republic) ish.

Fair warning; Jedi have alignment expectations similar to that of a paladin, MOST sith are straight up satanic monster tier evil assholes.

However, because I've not read the books or the extended universe, while this is the star wars universe, all the planets and locations on them were made by me. Though this doesn't mean characters don't exist. If you wish to use a canon character as a mentor or background NPC it would be permitted, though I would retain absolute and final veto authority. Those of you who have played with me before know that I am usually fairly lenient with my final veto authority.

In addition and finally, there are some mechanics changes. "Beam" weapons now shoot laser mazer or phaser fire, rather than just generic beam, and some can be switched around between them. Finally, droids are very difficult to target with certain force abilities because they don't (usually) have an organic brain, so mind control and illusions and such almost always (99% chance) fails.

There is no heavily entrenched storyline yet, but most of the races are playable because of the location of the planet cluster, which has at least 2 trade routes through it.

Some non-universe things may be permitted, but if there is a widespread vote of "no" against something, I'm probably not going to do it.

Currently open to players.

Currently unplayable: Hutts who are already crime bosses, sith who are already very powerful, Force Ghosts, Outer-dimensional lifeforms, Yuzhon-Vong.


Yeah that's pretty good.
avatar
BoneJaw

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Gary Oak on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 am

Yuzhon-Vong are gay, I'd rather you not even put them in the gme if you can help it
avatar
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

Posts : 135
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 117
Location : The Brass Throne

View user profile http://nationcivrun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Dafty on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:32 am

Gary Oak wrote:Yuzhon-Vong are gay, I'd rather you not even put them in the gme if you can help it

Fiat: Yuzhon-Vong's home star blew up with no warning. The race went extinct. All yuzhon-vong appearances in the canon storyline are now changed to a worse (but less gay) dangerous race.
avatar
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Posts : 405
Join date : 2014-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Gary Oak on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:12 am

Ya, they're immune to the force and they fucked up the entire galaxy and nobody likes them.
avatar
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

Posts : 135
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 117
Location : The Brass Throne

View user profile http://nationcivrun.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New quest information

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum