NationAdv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

+9
Glittershine
Druza
Gary Oak
zoxzix
Bazrael
Dingus
Luchuirps
Titus1
White Death
13 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 2 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Dafty Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Bazrael wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
81 , 26 , 41

In the dark of the Underdark a little blob lay on a leaf. One sunday morning, the warm lava passed by and POP! - out of the leaf dropped a tiny and very hungry blob.

1. He started to look for some food. On Monday he tried to eat an insect. But he was still very hungry.

2. On Tuesday he went swimming near the water, because he was very hungry.

3. On Wednesday he climbed across the ceiling looking for things to eat. Because he was very very hungry.

1. The "insect" you ate wasn't an insect, it was a poisonous spider. BLECH! It didn't harm you, but it didn't taste very good. Your color changed to blackish red. Other changes happened, but you did not understand them. Small size gain.

2. A catfish thought you were a blob of rotten meat and swallowed you. Game over. JUST KIDDING! Its game over for the catfish though, the poisonous spider you ate made you poisonous for a short time, and when the catfish ate you, you were still poisonous. After eating the corpse, You are now the size of a human hand and sweat a sticky material.

3. The sticky material, which smells like a mix of a wet fart and a dead body, attracts insects, so climbing around on the ceiling is a good strategy, though you don't catch that many, and you only catch 1 spider, which isn't that poisonous. A tiny amount of everything you eat sinks to the center of your blobby body and remains. Reason unclear, may or may not cause an effect.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 2 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Dafty Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Clovis wrote:1-2. Later, when we are in land that isn’t rotting around us we will create a workforce and create an infrastructure to supply the army, but for now we must conquer, we shall match on the smallest tribes, goblins, hobgoblins, kobolds any will do, we shall increase our numbers and we will have ensure their cooperation, whenever we conquer a new tribe we shall decimate the population, use it as an example to never cross or betray us, ever.

3. As always Graxis trains himself, he will lead by example, he will become that example.

Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
61 , 54 , 88

1-2. Apparently everyone is moving away from this area, because the only thing your able to recruit is 15 skeletons. Skeletons are undead and do not require sleep food or pay. They aren't very strong, but each comes with a long single-point simple pike. Fortified with this meager force of Bugbear club wielders and skeleton pikeman, you descend upon the first town you encounter, which happens to be the halfling village of Brew. While the villagers mount a resistance, they're neither prepared nor able to defend themselves against the bugbears or the skeletons, though they do kill several kobolds and a few goblins. The halflings main goal was to give their families time to get away, and now that they've hit the woods outside brew, the famous 'halfling's hope' is in effect. Halfling's hope is a phrase which is symbolic of the fact that a halfling (any halfling) has a hide-in-shadows score of 90% and a move silently score of 80%. You aren't finding them. The agricultural town of brew has a distillery and potato fields, as well as scattered hog and cow farms. Its not much more than a hamlet, but its now yours. Kobold and Goblin menials find; 16 firewoods (a firewood is enough wood for a single small fire), 12 pounds of beef jerky, 6 cured hams, 3 barrels of beer, 1 barrel of whiskey, 4 scythes, 3 hoes, and 6 cheeses.

3. This time graxis trains himself by reading every book he can find. Graxis learns 'potato tending' at skill rank novice. Potato Tending allows Graxis to plant and grow potatos. Other bugbears consider this an example and decide to read books too, but they mostly simply find diaries and other such basically fluff books that don't teach any skills. One of them brings a book to Graxis and shows him a specific sentence that the nameless bugbear believes is important. It reads as follows, "In the year 1717 of the first era, the dwarf king Ager defeated the Orc Chief Togrod at the battle of sword river. As a memorial to his victory, Ager made the shield bridge from the orcs he had defeated's armor." You've heard some tales about the sword river, supposedly it moves incredibly fast and the ice in it is like blades, rendering it un-possible to cross without flight or a bridge. If Ager's Shield Bridge is still there, you could probably cross the river there. However; the Sword River is a long way from here. Long way from here. Over 300 Yarals. 1 Yaral = 2.5 miles.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:50 pm

redaeth wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
90 , 99 , 72

1. I have no need of an axe. Disenchant it to learn its secrets.

2. 3. As I gaze upon the waters and think of things that have passed and things yet to come I realize something. It is not just my Black Wood who has been destroyed by these things. I know this from tales of my sisters. I also know I cannot deal with entire races of man by myself.

My sisters, and those who worship nature and all like them. They will help me. They must.

Over the long months that pass I travel from grove, to lake. From deep cavern and placid brook. Each time I approach those I sense live within and tell them of my plans. I tell them where I will meet them in a years time. When I return to the ruins of Black Wood Forest and Doe's Run it shall be not as a sole nymph with passion and vengeance. Not even as a rampaging army. No.

When I return to my home, it shall be the beginning of a nation. A nation dedicated to returning this world from Man and all his ilk to where it belongs.

1. You learned the magic word Ra'yel. Ra'yel shoots a blast of fire from the hand.

2-3. On your journey you visit the bird-filled forest of Dunwari, the cool, lake ridden plains of Nyolanto, the silver mountains of Celebriath, and the icy forest of Skjordyunga. It takes some convincing, but you are able to recruit 6 Dryads in Dunwari, 5 Sylphs and 2 Nereids in Nyolanto, 4 Oriads in Celebriath, and 4 Nymphs in Skjordyunga. In addition to these people, 12 Elfs seek to join your nation, the small group refugees from a forest to the east called Carar'athnach, which has been cut down outright when gnomes invaded the area with primitive machinery.

During your travels, you see one thing that stays ever in your mind. In the icy, desolate lands of the north, beyond Celebriath, you see the ancient keep of Tyran'Gordol. So distant you can't hear anything or smell anything from it, but not so distant you can't see it. The gods destroyed Tyran'Gordol in the during the War of Wrath and Tears, over 4,000 years ago. You can see demons flying around rebuilding things, and though they're to far away to tell what they are, you can see swarms of slaves doing things to. This has only 1 possible meaning; either the dark lord who was exiled beyond the planes has somehow returned, or some successor has come out of hiding to reclaim Tyran'Gordol. According to the legend, 6 mortal armies comprising almost every man of good alignment in the world, besieged Tyran'Gordol for over 500 years before they made a dent in it. It eventually got so bad that the war gods had to go there themselves and break the stalemate. The keep is absolutely enormous, with eight 7 story towers in the shape of a pentagram and six sets of walls, each slightly smaller than the last, situated between three artificial mountains built by forced labor, and surrounded by seemingly random pocks and tears and holes in the land. The only good thing you saw about Tyran'Gordol is that it is so large that the demons and slaves aren't anywhere near even close to finished repairing it.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:04 am

1. We shall claim what spoils we can and march off, we need more, more soldiers and more armaments. Begin heading towards the shield bridge, on our way we shall recruit or defeat every humanoid monster possible. If we come across any towns we shall attack them in the dead of night, quick and brutal seeking to acquire new slaves, new supplies and new armaments, if we do conquer a town decimate the population to show them what would happen should they seek to disobey.

2. Begin training Goblins and Kobolds to tame the more ferocious beasts, Graxis envisions having monster riders in the near future. Casualties during training isn’t a concern. After trial and error with the goblins and Kobolds Bugbears will be trained to ride larger and stronger monsters.

3. Graxis shall again seek to improve himself, knowledge is fine and it is always good to learn more but he will need much greater strength in the coming days.

Clovis carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
66 , 19 , 35

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:49 am

I'll have order in these threads. Wait until Dafty is finished with his set of updates before posting.
Gary Oak
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

https://nationcivrun.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by White Death Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:54 am

White Death carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
24 , 33 , 9

1-2. Which path to choose it pondered as it looked up to the giants. Of course it could burn through, by propelling itself with it's flames it should be able to stay out of range, that or it could melt right through them. A passing wind found it's way into the helmet and created a sound that could almost be mistaken for a sigh. It took two steps back, but what once it was through? Of course it could force the information from the tree, but the bastard could just lie to it as a last defying act. No, it had to be smarter about this. They had not noticed the flames yet that were balled up inside. It would create a diversion at night, lay a small fire, of course the tree would not approve, but they never approved of anything. The Flame would slip in while the giants were busy and climb into it's branches, that way it would get to talk to the tree without the Giants interfering.

3. A helmet of magic! Old Morgan Freeman should wear it. In the meantime the other Kobolds should be trying to find more other Kobolds. They had lots of space and weapons but they were missing a lot of force to be shown. Sure, they had not been discovered yet, but they could not do much but sit on their butts and wait unless they began to increase their numbers.

Fire touch - unarmed attacks do fire damage, weaponry heats up gradually while being held and used.
Immortality - Your soul is connected to something extra-material and elemental. You are effectively immortal, though you can be killed by violence or magic.

Bold Shit - 12 bolds, 26 bold swords, 15 days worth of food, 14 days worth of water, 15 beds, 17 rooms, 15 dwarf statues, 3 elf statues, 2 forges, 1 glassmaker's workshop, 1 soaper's workshop, 2 feast halls, 1 projectile spear, 24 candles, 1 stone table, 1 bedrock block, 5 copper daggers, 3 lockpicks, 1 diamond mattock, 1 iron helmet of intelligence, 1 half-barrel of coal
White Death
White Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:56 am

Gary Oak carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
87 , 89 , 52
Wow, sea elves are big meanies! I'll smash the itty bitty elf and his lame conch before swimming out of range of their lame spells, haha! Maybe, I can just steal one of their whales before leaving so my servants wont get hungry and then they'll help me make my castle and stuff~!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:18 am

redaeth carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
11 , 91 , 96

Upon my return to the Black Wood after a year I look upon the ruins of my beloved forest. All is not lost however, saplings are sprouting, and brush and bramble is everywhere. And birds, rabbits and rodents hop amidst thickening undergrowth.

With the help of my sisters and the beleaguered elves we can make this place into a home. All of us know how to encourage the growth of a forest, and all us working together can make it something on par with the greatest of fortresses or cities of man. The elves will be a great help here. They are used to being far more proactive in defending their homes from gnomes and man. We should pay heed to their words when we grow our home.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingus Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Dingus carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
33 , 42 , 65
"...Hives...are...adequate...fill...hives...with...breeding...pods. Breeding..pods..help..grell...propagate"

The Grell workers seem to use some kind of organic material to construct large pods. These pods are designed to incubate Grell eggs and increase the Grell population.

"...Food...is...required. Grell...are...carnivores...must...consume...meat. Hunt...for..meet."

The hungry Grell squawk to each other as they grab rudimentary hunting tools and swarm out into the land of the dead-- searching for anything biological to kill.

"Grell...are..smart....smart..enough..to...use...psi...have...grell..practice...psi..power..make...grell..philosphers."

While the basic Grell warriors leave the hives in search for food, some of the more intelligent Grell begin to seclude themselves in their own respective sections of the empty hives and begin to study the art of Psionics. Grell who have attained enough intelligence and power become Grell Philosophers; masters of psionics.

Last edited by Dingus on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dingus
Dingus

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus1 Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Dafty wrote:
You fail to sneak in, but surprisingly, since you're undead, you don't trip any of the magic traps, easily walking by the set of four cyclops mummies that would have awakened to attack an intruder, and through the hallway of magic statues that would have probably shot arcs from their eyes, since they are all facing each other. Finally the Red light of the underworld, which is reflected through a slowly rotating crystal, is simply light to you and does not harm you, though it feels strange for it to hit you. It feels... peaceful.

On a high dais in a room covered with carvings, statuary, and inscriptions, all of which seem magical, sits a large ornate golden and platinum casket. As you near it, it sloooooowly opens creakily as a hand so old it looks like petrified leather covered in semi-petrified rags slips out to grip the edge of the casket. As the casket opens, more and more darkness flows out as visible black smoke that kills light. The creeeeaky mummy sloooooowly climbs out, its eyes glowing stark reddish, black smoke continuously emitting from its body pretty much everywhere, its body hardly more than an ancient skeleton, all the flesh shrunk-tight on the bones and resembling petrified and semipetrified scraps of leather, the wrappings yellow and green with age, deadly dust sprinkling from the mummy's movements. Being anywhere NEAR this mummy would seriously, SERIOUSLY endanger a mortal, and even a completely unarmed hit would do severe harm to a mortal.

"In the trance that is my sleep, I saw you arrive, Oscar, and dreamed what you would ask of me. What would you give for my answer, for I do nothing for free."

The mummies voice issues from... somewhere. It is more in your mind than your ears.

Oscar nervously checks his grip of his trusty longsword. Truly, he was standing in front of one bigger then he... But he can die thousands of times. This... mummy can only die once. With this in mind, Oscar looks up, his helmet obscuring his face, keeping him from betraying his emotions.

"I offer you mine skill with a blade and mine Knight's honor, as to strike down those who would wish you ill."

He can only hope that this being is feeling generous, for he had nothing else to give. Truly, it is a desperate time for a knight when they're selling their sword for answers.

Titus1 carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
25 , 5 , 47
Titus1
Titus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Clovis wrote:1. We shall claim what spoils we can and march off, we need more, more soldiers and more armaments. Begin heading towards the shield bridge, on our way we shall recruit or defeat every humanoid monster possible. If we come across any towns we shall attack them in the dead of night, quick and brutal seeking to acquire new slaves, new supplies and new armaments, if we do conquer a town decimate the population to show them what would happen should they seek to disobey.

2. Begin training Goblins and Kobolds to tame the more ferocious beasts, Graxis envisions having monster riders in the near future. Casualties during training isn’t a concern. After trial and error with the goblins and Kobolds Bugbears will be trained to ride larger and stronger monsters.

3. Graxis shall again seek to improve himself, knowledge is fine and it is always good to learn more but he will need much greater strength in the coming days.

79 , 23 , 65

1. On your way to the shield bridge you come across scattered travelers, most of whom flee the large group of your followers. While making camp one day the force has a neutral encounter with 3 cyclops stone throwers. Cyclops stone throwers aren't cheap to outfit, feed, or armor (They're each over 20 ft tall), but they carry a sack of three huge boulders, which they use to throw as hard as they can at either a target unit of attackers or at a castles walls, towers, or keep. If you recruit them, you'll need to find more food, and soon, but your force of strength will be greatly amplified. All 3 are males, and their main attire is simply a pair of primitive pants and a simple belt. Each has one large eye and one large horn.

2. During the training of the harsh animals, the goblins manage to corral a giant reddish scorpion. When it breaks free of their corral structure and starts killing everyone in sight with its stinger, the kobolds desert with no warning, your force now has 50% less kobolds. Fortunately, the big scorpion ran off after them, so it didn't kill everything. This development has changed the urgency of finding food if you recruit the 3 cyclops, you'll still need to, but not quite so right now-ish.

3. Your skill in light armor improved. The shield you were using during the sparring training broke however, so you lost your shield and need a new one.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:25 pm

White Death wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
56 , 29 , 54

1-2. Which path to choose it pondered as it looked up to the giants. Of course it could burn through, by propelling itself with it's flames it should be able to stay out of range, that or it could melt right through them. A passing wind found it's way into the helmet and created a sound that could almost be mistaken for a sigh. It took two steps back, but what once it was through? Of course it could force the information from the tree, but the bastard could just lie to it as a last defying act. No, it had to be smarter about this. They had not noticed the flames yet that were balled up inside. It would create a diversion at night, lay a small fire, of course the tree would not approve, but they never approved of anything. The Flame would slip in while the giants were busy and climb into it's branches, that way it would get to talk to the tree without the Giants interfering.

3. A helmet of magic! Old Morgan Freeman should wear it. In the meantime the other Kobolds should be trying to find more other Kobolds. They had lots of space and weapons but they were missing a lot of force to be shown. Sure, they had not been discovered yet, but they could not do much but sit on their butts and wait unless they began to increase their numbers.

Fire touch - unarmed attacks do fire damage, weaponry heats up gradually while being held and used.
Immortality - Your soul is connected to something extra-material and elemental. You are effectively immortal, though you can be killed by violence or magic.

Bold Shit - 12 bolds, 26 bold swords, 15 days worth of food, 14 days worth of water, 15 beds, 17 rooms, 15 dwarf statues, 3 elf statues, 2 forges, 1 glassmaker's workshop, 1 soaper's workshop, 2 feast halls, 1 projectile spear, 24 candles, 1 stone table, 1 bedrock block, 5 copper daggers, 3 lockpicks, 1 diamond mattock, 1 iron helmet of intelligence, 1 half-barrel of coal

1-2: During your diversionary attempt that night you create a fire. Much to your surprise and chagrin however, it is put out a moment later by three hags, a form of demon that resembles an ugly ancient crone. The oldest hag is venerable in age, with bristly hair on both sides of her head, huge masses of long nose hairs, a big warty nose, one eye, and only 1 tooth. The second oldest has a balding head, humped back, and a few teeth, and the youngest has some color in her hair and squinty eyes, all three having big noses covered with warts and all three wrinkly as hell and not even slightly attractive. "Here now, what do you mean goin about setting fires to our forest then, hmm?" The oldest hag addresses you, her language magically changing to something that you understand. Hags are a sort of 'wicked old witch' type demon, they know a lot about magic and might be able to help you with finding the phoenix artifact.

3. No increase in numbers. Reason: Roll not sufficient. However, one of the scouts did find a group of Trog merchants. Trogs are like dwarves, except they have pointed fangs, their eyes are opaque, and their body hair never stops growing, so they smell really bad and don't wear clothes. Surprisingly, the trogs have several bone and stone goods for sale or trade, and are a peacefully intentioned group of visitors.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:49 pm

MrZavon wrote:

A day had passed since he had found the statue of Fafnir and much had already been carried out in his name by those that he led. As the last of the caravan made its way into the city, Tiamat had already presented the sword to the clan-leaders under him and they spread the word among the populace. Word spread quickly of both Tiamat being worthy of his position and the discovery of the first of the Great Dragon's servants. Fafnir. First son of the Great Dragon and chosen amongst them all, small shrines had already started popping up among the homes of the Dragonkin in worship to him. With this revelation, all of the Dragokin were energized and ready for work as their spirits were lifted. Tiamat sent out three groups of his kin into the city while those who were either too young, too old, or of feeble body remained with the caravan. One group was led by Clanmaster Kainla who was sent to start working on the Residential district of the vast city in the hopes that we could all have proper homes for the first time in years. The second group was led by Adalinda who was sent outside the walls with all of their remaining farmers and a escort of warriors. Constructions quickly began on small farmhouses while hundreds of acres were tilled by the very strong Dragonkin sent with her. The final and much smaller group was led by Tiamat personally and consisted of only warriors. Traveling to the last known location of Norlac, their party swept the streets in search of it and any other monsters that inhabited this once great city. Let us see how they did.

(1st for rebuilding residental district, 2nd for constructing farms, 3rd for attacking Norlac and hopefully clearing out any monsters around it's location.)

70 , 63 , 70

1. It is easier to build new houses on top of the buildings than it is to reclaim the buildings, so what ends up happening is walls are opened on upper, non-flooded floors, and materials are used to make bridges.

2. Flooded and semi-flooded floors are packed with dirt and mud and used to grow water intense crops as a back-up for when and if food runs short, though your people have always preferred meats.

3. The norlac puts up quite a fight, but in the end your natural armor, training, and fire-balls prove to be a bit much for it, and it retreats mortally wounded. The area it was found in had two workshops in them. A textiler's workshop with spinning wheel and foot-pump-powered spooling machine still intact (but damaged), a mostly destroyed blacksmith's shop with bits of scattered metal all about the place and a few large anvils where you were surprised and nearly killed when a broken down golem nearly fell on top of you when you opened a door. So your main haul was materials, as well as some tools, and broken bits and pieces of things, not to mention golemstone, which isn't very common.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Dingus wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
40 , 82 , 89
"...Hives...are...adequate...fill...hives...with...breeding...pods. Breeding..pods..help..grell...propagate"

The Grell workers seem to use some kind of organic material to construct large pods. These pods are designed to incubate Grell eggs and increase the Grell population.

"...Food...is...required. Grell...are...carnivores...must...consume...meat. Hunt...for..meet."

The hungry Grell squawk to each other as they grab rudimentary hunting tools and swarm out into the land of the dead-- searching for anything biological to kill.

"Grell...are..smart....smart..enough..to...use...psi...have...grell..practice...psi..power..make...grell..philosphers."

While the basic Grell warriors leave the hives in search for food, some of the more intelligent Grell begin to seclude themselves in their own respective sections of the empty hives and begin to study the art of Psionics. Grell who have attained enough intelligence and power become Grell Philosophers; masters of psionics.

1. 6 Pods are created. 5 turns from now they will hatch.

2. Hunters find disgusting corpse eating vermin, nevertheless, they bring back 4 carrion crawler meats, 2 Black ooze jellies, and 3 Giant worm lengths, which is a significant amount of food.

3. The psionic group learns the telepathy power 'induce horror'. It forces an immediate horror & revulsion check in a target it's successfully hit with.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Gary Oak wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
30 , 43 , 81
Wow, sea elves are big meanies! I'll smash the itty bitty elf and his lame conch before swimming out of range of their lame spells, haha! Maybe, I can just steal one of their whales before leaving so my servants wont get hungry and then they'll help me make my castle and stuff~!

1. Squashrip. Conch elf died in a haze of several tentacles hitting it.

2. >kraken doing water ballet.jpg (dodge successful)

3. You attacked a smaller whale and chewed off its tail. It isn't dead, but it can't swim. It is falling straight down with its flappy tail spewing blood. Fortunately it isn't falling down very fast, and your swim-speed is enough to swim down and snag it and eat on it, though that requires another action.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm

21 , 99 , 52

Upon my return to the Black Wood after a year I look upon the ruins of my beloved forest. All is not lost however, saplings are sprouting, and brush and bramble is everywhere. And birds, rabbits and rodents hop amidst thickening undergrowth.

With the help of my sisters and the beleaguered elves we can make this place into a home. All of us know how to encourage the growth of a forest, and all us working together can make it something on par with the greatest of fortresses or cities of man. The elves will be a great help here. They are used to being far more proactive in defending their homes from gnomes and man. We should pay heed to their words when we grow our home.

Giant spiders moved into the forest during your absence. They are not evil beings, though they are dangerous predators. They resemble web-weaving tarantulas, each one about the size of a wagon, except the very young ones, who are only the size of a wagon wheel. They are venomous and are invariably either trap-door predators or canopy dwelling web-weavers, though both use webs.

Using magic, the Nymphs, Dryads, Slyphs, and Nereids channel huge amounts of green mana into the forest, trees that were only sprouting growing to adulthood in moments, heavy rains inundating the area while fungus and undergrowth experiences an entire month of time in moments, the forest suddenly much thicker, more defensible, and more alive than any other forest in the world. In addition, all rotting and decomposing materials produced ample funguses and lichens.

Amazed at how powerful you are, one of the older elves, a woman druid named Alatarny, tells your leader about the Gong of Renewal, a magical instrument that, when sounded, opens doorways to unleash green mana on every land-mass, some sort of natural gateway that occurs at least once on every continent opening if the gong is sounded.

Goal reveal: Find the Gong of Renewal and use it.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Titus1 wrote:

Oscar nervously checks his grip of his trusty longsword. Truly, he was standing in front of one bigger then he... But he can die thousands of times. This... mummy can only die once. With this in mind, Oscar looks up, his helmet obscuring his face, keeping him from betraying his emotions.

"I offer you mine skill with a blade and mine Knight's honor, as to strike down those who would wish you ill."

He can only hope that this being is feeling generous, for he had nothing else to give. Truly, it is a desperate time for a knight when they're selling their sword for answers.

57 , 18 , 72

"Very well. You will Find Thorn the Paragon and kill him. Bring me his golden helmet as a sign of his death, and I will tell you about how to find permanent rest."

The mummy's demand is a very serious thing. Thorn is the Paragon. A paragon is a paladin, for one thing, and paladins can inflict permanent death on undead of your type, though they send you to hell and judgement when they do it their way, so it isn't a blissful release. For another, thorn is THE paragon, which means he is the highest ranked and most superior paladin in the world. Fortunately there are only three orders of paladins in the world, and their requirements are such that none of the paladin orders is very big, though all paladins are at least level 8 clerics and at least level 12 knights, so even the weakest members are pretty strong.

You find yourself standing outside the black pyramid in front of the closed steel door. Was it a dream?
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:19 pm

16 , 85 , 44
Wow, whale has always been a bit chewy. I'll just eat half of it, then give the rest to my servants. I'll try to make a deal with them to make me stuff if I get them supplies. Of course, I'll raid a ship from above and get some metals and stuff!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:28 pm

52 , 36 , 28

1. Attempt to tame the spiders as they sound useful in both the production of silk and defending our home.

2. Send word of our new home and our goal through the animals that pass through our forest, the birds and the migrating deer and more mystical beasts shall spread the news to those who would live here and help with returning the world to its natural state far better then one nymph.

3. Acquire more information on the Gong. We need to know where to seek it at the very least.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:41 pm

1. Recruit the three Cyclopes. And lead raids upon towns for food and supplies, we will attack in the dead of night, half of the goblins and kobolds will be stationed around the town in ambush points to capture or kill all who try to escape the town, The rest of my forces will attack in a head on assault if there is a guard house the Cyclopes will attack it first while the rest of the horde kills or captures the rest of the town. All who refuse to join the horde or were killed in the battle, including our own soldiers will be used as food.

2. Locate a dungeon and raid it for armaments and recruits, take everything that seems valuable from the dungeon.

3. Graxis will continue to train himself, he must be the strongest in the horde, no matter what it is that he recruits be it Cyclopes or a dragon he must surpass them, he must be able to kill them by himself as an example.

13 , 51 , 69

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by White Death Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 pm

17 , 40 , 46

1-2. It had spoken countless languages in it's time, but which one to use? The witches would understand it either way, however to them it was still the Knight. Unlucky for the Green Flame a lot of time had passed since it last wandered the Overworld, the most recent language it remembered would simply have to suffice in order to keep up the disguise. "I seek the Phoenix Orb to bring it to the order of the Holy Light. I was taught to cast a spell by our priests to burn a sign into the ground that would show me the true path, however I fear that is has lost it's way. Thus I seek your help oh Ancient Woman of the Woods, to help me in my quest should you deem me worthy of your help.".

3. Well that was awkward. Get more population bold chan. That or well, at least get to know the hairy wolf dwarves, they can't be that bad right?

White Death
White Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:31 pm

97 , 13 , 68
Wow, whale has always been a bit chewy. I'll just eat half of it, then give the rest to my servants. I'll try to make a deal with them to make me stuff if I get them supplies. Of course, I'll raid a ship from above and get some metals and stuff!

1. The very first thing you bit was a large bone, and it hurt, but otherwise you ate well. You gained some size.

2. Your servants are mostly drawn from the crews of ships you have sunk, no deal making is necessary, but since you seem magnanimous to them, they agree to the terms. They start making gates for your caves so that intruders can't just walk in.

3. The random ship you attacked was a human/gnome crewed early ironclad. It is wood coated in a thin layer of iron, is small, not very fast, but difficult to sink. It shot one of your tentacles off before you managed to tear it open. The tentacle will grow back. The supplies you stole were mainly; wood, iron, scattered artifact pieces (i.e. moving parts), and gold, since you stole the paychest. After getting shot in the face with a cannonball, you withdrew without sinking the ship, though its limping along badly hurt.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:45 pm

79 , 43 , 98

1. Attempt to tame the spiders as they sound useful in both the production of silk and defending our home.

2. Send word of our new home and our goal through the animals that pass through our forest, the birds and the migrating deer and more mystical beasts shall spread the news to those who would live here and help with returning the world to its natural state far better then one nymph.

3. Acquire more information on the Gong. We need to know where to seek it at the very least.

1. The leader of the spiders, who's "name" is a series of facial postures and sounds, agrees to your terms. They agree to pay you 1 bushel of silk per spider per year in perpetuity if they have perpetual hunting rights in this forest and in others. At their size, a single bushel is several pounds. Spiders that are not yet adults are exempt from this special tax in the agreement terms. You gained 21 bushels of silk.

2. The word is out among the beasts and birds. How exactly it affects the situation remains to be seen.

3. The gong was made by Myshiria the world shaper a long time ago and was made as a response to the rise of Valu-Veyd, the (now long extinct) defiler-cult nation. This was long in the past, and Myshiria left this world ages before you were even born, so the gong could be anywhere. She may have even taken it with her, but this is a point of contention. In general there seem to be three possible areas it could be resting in. They are as follows; Tower of Lhuleydwin, the sinkholes an anhari, or "the castle", a natural plateau monument that resembles a castle from a distance. According to lore, "the castle" was where the alliance between the Gorgon queen Symreis and the defiler lord Ilak-Veyd was finally utterly totally defeated. All three of these locations are a long way away, but the sinkholes of anhari are the least far away.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:51 pm

75 , 38 , 10

1-2. It had spoken countless languages in it's time, but which one to use? The witches would understand it either way, however to them it was still the Knight. Unlucky for the Green Flame a lot of time had passed since it last wandered the Overworld, the most recent language it remembered would simply have to suffice in order to keep up the disguise. "I seek the Phoenix Orb to bring it to the order of the Holy Light. I was taught to cast a spell by our priests to burn a sign into the ground that would show me the true path, however I fear that is has lost it's way. Thus I seek your help oh Ancient Woman of the Woods, to help me in my quest should you deem me worthy of your help.".

3. Well that was awkward. Get more population bold chan. That or well, at least get to know the hairy wolf dwarves, they can't be that bad right?

1-2. They laugh at you and make no effort to hide it. They then tell you that the phoenix orb would instantly destroy someone like you just by you touching it. Before you have time to respond or blast them, they fly away on broom-sticks.

2. 8 bolds join your colony of bolds. The trogs are willing to trade 2 iron ingots and 3 copper ingots for the stone table, or, buy the dwarf statues for 1 and a half copper ingots a piece. One of the bolds that joined your colony is a soaper, and takes up work in the soaper's workshop.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Clovis wrote:1. Recruit the three Cyclopes. And lead raids upon towns for food and supplies, we will attack in the dead of night, half of the goblins and kobolds will be stationed around the town in ambush points to capture or kill all who try to escape the town, The rest of my forces will attack in a head on assault if there is a guard house the Cyclopes will attack it first while the rest of the horde kills or captures the rest of the town. All who refuse to join the horde or were killed in the battle, including our own soldiers will be used as food.

2. Locate a dungeon and raid it for armaments and recruits, take everything that seems valuable from the dungeon.

3. Graxis will continue to train himself, he must be the strongest in the horde, no matter what it is that he recruits be it Cyclopes or a dragon he must surpass them, he must be able to kill them by himself as an example.

1 , 84 , 40

1. The next town you come on is a town of goblins and hobgoblins, and your forces have difficulty telling who is who, so while the surprise attack wasn't a complete and utter failure, very numerous goblins and hobgoblins escaped because your forces couldn't tell they weren't part of your army. You found; 16 goblin broadswords, 5 sets of scale jerkins (stronger than leather but not by much), 10 banded wooden shields, 6 days of food, 4 days of water, 4 boulders (for the cyclops stone throwers), 7 cured hams, and 3 ingots of iron.

2. In the old dungeon you slaughter two carrion crawlers and two giant flies, their bodies making new foodstuffs. 7 more pike-wielding skeletons join your force and 6 goblin archers join your force. A demon presents itself in one of the anterooms and offers its services for 20,000 gold a month. Sounds overpriced for a single demon, but demons have the power of demoralization, which means any time they successfully inflict damage on a unit that has a morale rating, there is a chance the a number equaling the number killed will desert the field. Dragons, undead, Paladins, and Demons are never demoralized, so this won't work on them. But will on anything else.

3. Your skill with military strategy improved and your skill with your chosen weapon improved.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:17 pm

90 , 98 , 5

1. Ask for volunteers to scout out the Sinkholes.

2. Take the silk and make protective gear out of it. Silk is supposed to be as strong as steel when woven into a garment.

3. Ask a stonebirch grove if the would be willing to give up some of their branches for weapons. If they say yes ask what they would want in return.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by White Death Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:01 pm

20 , 5 , 53

1-2. Good 'nough. Time for the Green Flame to talk to the tree then.

3. Bruce Willis orders the construction of Underground farms so there will be a steady influx of food for all the good bolds around.

Bold Shit - 20 bolds, 26 bold swords, 15 days worth of food, 14 days worth of water, 15 beds, 17 rooms, 15 dwarf statues, 3 elf statues, 2 forges, 1 glassmaker's workshop, 1 soaper's workshop (being worked), 2 feast halls, 1 projectile spear, 24 candles, 1 stone table, 1 bedrock block, 5 copper daggers, 3 lockpicks, 1 diamond mattock, 1 iron helmet of intelligence, 1 half-barrel of coal
White Death
White Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Glittershine wrote:

"Good to see you again Oztimbor, but could you please not disintegrate civilians when you are worried" She says kicking a pile of ashes. Then gives a jovial laugh and pats Ozti on his(?) back(?). She then offers Ozti some booze for the road then says goodbye to her old friend.

1:"Alright Asheval! Gather up any injured troops those old hags had left. Check Matron Lucin's abode. She was one of the smart ones who thought enough to defend against the four armies blasting down her door. It didn't help but hey maybe some are left.
2:Cicilian sends the her soldiers and wizards throughout the city to gather up slaves and civilians to shuttle them together so they don't flee or do something crazy like try to start up their own city. That would be crazy. Slaves and civilians running a city. Don't make me laugh.
3:"Eh you kid" Cicilian says to some drow child she sees in the street. "Tell me your name then get me a drink. You're my squire now."

82 , 59 , 35

Oztimbor is a male, you think. Also, he doesn't actually have a back per se, he's sort of... round floaty-sphere-thing shaped. Anyway he's glad of the drink and heads off not long afterward.

1. Your soldiers and wizards meet scattered resistance, but no serious threats. At the end, a rag tag group of city-defenders and a small collection of disarmed knights is put before you. One of the knights was carrying a golden spider, the symbol of lolth.

2. Vast majority of the slaves and citizens are drow, but there are also some dwarves, a few gnomes, and an elf or two who were prisoners. A map was found on one of the dwarves which leads to an area near the city and guides the traveler to the 60,000 steps and into the land of death, though a person can go up the 60,000 steps to the land of mortality too.

3. "O-okay... I'm Usta." Usta means 'snake'. The drow girl runs off and gets a drink, returning with it.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Dafty wrote:
Glittershine wrote:

"Good to see you again Oztimbor, but could you please not disintegrate civilians when you are worried" She says kicking a pile of ashes. Then gives a jovial laugh and pats Ozti on his(?) back(?). She then offers Ozti some booze for the road then says goodbye to her old friend.

1:"Alright Asheval! Gather up any injured troops those old hags had left. Check Matron Lucin's abode. She was one of the smart ones who thought enough to defend against the four armies blasting down her door. It didn't help but hey maybe some are left.
2:Cicilian sends the her soldiers and wizards throughout the city to gather up slaves and civilians to shuttle them together so they don't flee or do something crazy like try to start up their own city. That would be crazy. Slaves and civilians running a city. Don't make me laugh.
3:"Eh you kid" Cicilian says to some drow child she sees in the street. "Tell me your name then get me a drink. You're my squire now."

Glittershine carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
84 , 87 , 37

Oztimbor is a male, you think. Also, he doesn't actually have a back per se, he's sort of... round floaty-sphere-thing shaped. Anyway he's glad of the drink and heads off not long afterward.

1. Your soldiers and wizards meet scattered resistance, but no serious threats. At the end, a rag tag group of city-defenders and a small collection of disarmed knights is put before you. One of the knights was carrying a golden spider, the symbol of lolth.

2. Vast majority of the slaves and citizens are drow, but there are also some dwarves, a few gnomes, and an elf or two who were prisoners. A map was found on one of the dwarves which leads to an area near the city and guides the traveler to the 60,000 steps and into the land of death, though a person can go up the 60,000 steps to the land of mortality too.

3. "O-okay... I'm Usta." Usta means 'snake'. The drow girl runs off and gets a drink, returning with it.

1:"That spider you got that won't help you any more knight. The goddess is deaf and hears none of our prayers. It is time for a change in how this city shall be reborn under one rule. My rule. Renounce your former matrons and swear loyalty to me and the city."
2:"Ashvael take the elves to my room. I have questions for our brothers and sisters."
3:"Usta as my personal assistant your gonna need to carry yourself in a prouder manner. Head to my tailor and ask for a dress, he shall make you one."
Glittershine carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
94 , 61 , 31

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:16 pm

67 , 95 , 11
Bring the supplies to my cave and give them stuff so they can build~ I should also maybe go and hunt more stuff and raid smaller more weaker boats first! Those little little people were so rude!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Inform the demon that while his offer is appreciated we simply cannot reasonably rake on such a price at this time, we are only just now getting on our feet and having to pay such a price monthly while doable would be risky and we would rather not cheat him out of his hard earned gold.
1. What an embarrassment, this must never happen again, our forces need some sort of uniform, I’m certain that I can think of something.

2. Work again to train monster mounts, learn from the mistakes of last time, cavalry is something that we will surely need in the future, have some forces on standby to subdue the beasts should they get out of control. Also ask my fellow bugbears what kind of mount they would most want, me? I’d want the Tarrasque, Hahaha!

3. The progress that Graxis has made in improving himself while not remarkable is progress all the same and he would continue, his proficiency with a greatsword is improving and while he may not have a decent blade yet he still has his skill, but he would still seek improvement. Graxis shall train himself, he must be the fastest moving as an unstoppable juggernaut across a battlefield, he must be the strongest with the capability of clashing with the greatest of foes and he must be the toughest sooner or later he will be hit by an attack he needs to be able to take punishment and recover from it.

15 , 56 , 55

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Waiting for further posts before responding to everyone.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by zoxzix Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:09 am

Is it still possible to join? If so:
http://www.dotd.com/mm/MM00259.htm
The Shadows have long dwelled in the Underdark, in wolf-like packs, consuming the life force of anyone who became trapped there, leaving their physical body for the other hunters of the dark. However, something has changed.

One day, a great, primordial shadow appeared from the darkness. He united several packs of Shadows, screeching at them in the language of the Dark, taking control by force, until he had an army.

With this Army, the Primordial Shadow began carving out territory in the Underdark, and some of the caves above it. He even sent some shadows to the surface, to attack and steal at night. Truly, this was the beginning of a time of wonder and expansion for this old, dark race.

zoxzix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 pm

If you ARE still accepting players, I'd like to join as well.
http://www.dotd.com/mm/MM00224.htm#1434b91b

Hundreds of years ago, when the influence of the gods still rested heavily upon the world, terrifying monsters of incredible power never lasted long. The only evil creatures who could survive were those who worked subtly, without attracting the attention of the gods. Creatures like Mephisto, the Naga, who dealt with secrets and knowledge, who never dirtied his own hands. During his time, he became quite proficient with magic, most prominently illusion and manipulation. However, when he made the mistake of falling under the divine spotlight, he was sealed in a cave deep in the Underdark, held in total isolation for hundreds of years.

With the god's disappearance, however, the seal on his tomb gradually weakened, until he finally made his escape. He returns to the world, ready to rise to power and take revenge on the deities who so unfairly punished him.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:30 am

I'm fine with you guise joining. I'm not clear what exactly is going on with my player-base, I haven't heard a response from certain people in some days. I'm going to wait probably one or two more days before I figure out whether they're still playing or not. If not, I'll be immediately continuing. If they are, I'll be waiting to see what they do.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Glittershine wrote:

1:"That spider you got that won't help you any more knight. The goddess is deaf and hears none of our prayers. It is time for a change in how this city shall be reborn under one rule. My rule. Renounce your former matrons and swear loyalty to me and the city."
2:"Ashvael take the elves to my room. I have questions for our brothers and sisters."
3:"Usta as my personal assistant your gonna need to carry yourself in a prouder manner. Head to my tailor and ask for a dress, he shall make you one."
59 , 75 , 99

1. Twelve knights join you. Knights don't move very fast but they are trained to wield the heaviest armor, weapons, and shields with ease.

2. This goes off without a hitch.

3. "But I don't LIIIKE~ dresses... but..... okay..." She whirls and heads off. You notice a thief's lockpick set hidden in the folds of her ratty attire.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Clovis wrote:Inform the demon that while his offer is appreciated we simply cannot reasonably rake on such a price at this time, we are only just now getting on our feet and having to pay such a price monthly while doable would be risky and we would rather not cheat him out of his hard earned gold.
1. What an embarrassment, this must never happen again, our forces need some sort of uniform, I’m certain that I can think of something.

2. Work again to train monster mounts, learn from the mistakes of last time, cavalry is something that we will surely need in the future, have some forces on standby to subdue the beasts should they get out of control. Also ask my fellow bugbears what kind of mount they would most want, me? I’d want the Tarrasque, Hahaha!

3. The progress that Graxis has made in improving himself while not remarkable is progress all the same and he would continue, his proficiency with a greatsword is improving and while he may not have a decent blade yet he still has his skill, but he would still seek improvement. Graxis shall train himself, he must be the fastest moving as an unstoppable juggernaut across a battlefield, he must be the strongest with the capability of clashing with the greatest of foes and he must be the toughest sooner or later he will be hit by an attack he needs to be able to take punishment and recover from it.

42 , 37 , 50

1. A simple, not very well made set of sigils allows this uniform problem to go away, but its a bandaid over a gaping injury and will only be a temporary fix.

2. You trained 5 giant bats.

3. The training works, but is so exhausting that you sleep 6 hours longer than usual for a week straight every night. Your general speed and mobility increased, as did your skill with the greatsword.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:41 pm

51 , 16 , 35
Bring the supplies to my cave and give them stuff so they can build~ I should also maybe go and hunt more stuff and raid smaller more weaker boats first! Those little little people were so rude!

1. You found an archaic shipwreck that was still mostly intact and took it back to the cave. The cave's living conditions improved.

2. Missing a tentacle really puts a cramp in your hunt style, but you manage to catch and eat several huge codfish. (size class H, up to 15 ft long). For the first time in your life afterward, you're actually NOT hungry.

3. Failure, boats were warned about you and didn't use that shipping route this week.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:43 pm

59 , 88 , 100

1-2. Good 'nough. Time for the Green Flame to talk to the tree then.

3. Bruce Willis orders the construction of Underground farms so there will be a steady influx of food for all the good bolds around.

Bold Shit - 20 bolds, 26 bold swords, 15 days worth of food, 14 days worth of water, 15 beds, 17 rooms, 15 dwarf statues, 3 elf statues, 2 forges, 1 glassmaker's workshop, 1 soaper's workshop (being worked), 2 feast halls, 1 projectile spear, 24 candles, 1 stone table, 1 bedrock block, 5 copper daggers, 3 lockpicks, 1 diamond mattock, 1 iron helmet of intelligence, 1 half-barrel of coal

1. Failure. You were surprised by a dryad and teleported away. You land in the mountains of sleetbourne, an ice cold perma-winter terrain riddled with rock, ice, and snow, with tall trees and wide, empty landscapes.

3. The underground farm is constructed without a hitch, but in a rather humiliating turn of events, no one knows how to farm.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:44 pm

43 , 48 , 93

1. Ask for volunteers to scout out the Sinkholes.

2. Take the silk and make protective gear out of it. Silk is supposed to be as strong as steel when woven into a garment.

3. Ask a stonebirch grove if the would be willing to give up some of their branches for weapons. If they say yes ask what they would want in return.

1. Theres no need to scout it, one of the spiders already knows the way to it.

2. Success, Spider-silk robes created. They are strong enough to turn arrows and significantly reduce blunt impacts damage.

3. They would, but for each two branches you take, you have to plant a tree.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:52 pm

zoxzix wrote:Is it still possible to join? If so:
http://www.dotd.com/mm/MM00259.htm
The Shadows have long dwelled in the Underdark, in wolf-like packs, consuming the life force of anyone who became trapped there, leaving their physical body for the other hunters of the dark. However, something has changed.

One day, a great, primordial shadow appeared from the darkness. He united several packs of Shadows, screeching at them in the language of the Dark, taking control by force, until he had an army.

With this Army, the Primordial Shadow began carving out territory in the Underdark, and some of the caves above it. He even sent some shadows to the surface, to attack and steal at night. Truly, this was the beginning of a time of wonder and expansion for this old, dark race.

Your goal is simple; find and destroy the palace of the sun. Doing so will return your race to its true (much more powerful) form. Once the primordial shadow has proven his worth over and over again, a gradual hierarchy starts to form, and once it becomes clear that he is powerful and not going anywhere any time soon, most threats to his rule cease for the moment.

The question now is, how to get to the palace of the sun and destroy it? How to even find it? It isn't a hidden location, but it is invisible during the night and shines brightly during the day, so during the day you can't approach it and during the night you can't find it.

Despite their "shadowy" nature, shadows do actually wield weapons, and getting your army outfitted is a big concern.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Mandingo wrote:If you ARE still accepting players, I'd like to join as well.
http://www.dotd.com/mm/MM00224.htm#1434b91b

Hundreds of years ago, when the influence of the gods still rested heavily upon the world, terrifying monsters of incredible power never lasted long. The only evil creatures who could survive were those who worked subtly, without attracting the attention of the gods. Creatures like Mephisto, the Naga, who dealt with secrets and knowledge, who never dirtied his own hands. During his time, he became quite proficient with magic, most prominently illusion and manipulation. However, when he made the mistake of falling under the divine spotlight, he was sealed in a cave deep in the Underdark, held in total isolation for hundreds of years.

With the god's disappearance, however, the seal on his tomb gradually weakened, until he finally made his escape. He returns to the world, ready to rise to power and take revenge on the deities who so unfairly punished him.

Originally the prison was a chamber connected by four bridges which each lead to a cliff. Directly below the prison is a huge chasm which leads straight down into the land of death, and, unfortunately, the bridge which leads to the cliff that leads to the underdark in general is completely broken, a huge rock fell on it and shattered the bridge at some point.

All three of the other bridges lead to caves that go up and out of the underdark. If you can remember and use a flying or floating spell, you could also go down into the land of death.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by zoxzix Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:02 pm

zoxzix carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
95 , 14 , 74
1/2 The Shadows need arms, and the location of the Temple of the Sun. Finding, defeating, taking the weapons from, and torturing information from a group of surface dwellers seems the best option.
3. Send out a group to explore the nearby underdark, getting a firm knowledge of the monsters that surround us, and could be put to use.

Last edited by Gary Oak on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : baka)

zoxzix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Mandingo carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
99 , 84 , 93
It's been so long since I've been able to use my magic... But surely, numerous potential allies wait for me in the land of death, and I'm always more effective when working with a team.

1-2: I spend a short while concentrating on recollecting my magical abilities, just as a bit of a refresher course and to clarify my boundaries. Remembering a float spell is prioritized, of course, but beyond that I'll try to remember a spell or two for combat purposes in case my descent to the land of death is not so well received.

3: After testing my float spell (if I successfully remember one, of course) I will initiate my descent.

I seem to be a bit of a dunce and can't figure out how to get the dice roller to work, so once I have Gary explain that to me in detail I'll come back and edit the post.

Last edited by Gary Oak on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : baka)
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 pm

1. Perhaps we could look into creating dyes for our uniforms? I remember “asking” how the humans got such colorful clothing and they told me about their dyes, let’s try to whip something up, perhaps from the blood of the fallen?

2. The monster taming is going well, let’s create a division of our army, its first division, The Riders of Graxis, Their goal shall be to tame the worlds deadliest monsters and ride them into battle for the glory of Graxis. The Riders shall be prestigious within the army with its members shall be held in higher regard compared to the rest, however, they shall be expected to train themselves to deserve this position only the best of the best may become Riders.

3.  The training is difficult but the results are showing, Graxis shall improve himself, he must improve himself. His ambition is greater than himself and his army, he must grow more powerful so that he can realize it. Graxis must grow greater than any other, he must exceed his limits so that he can go beyond being a simple warlord with a big dream.

30 , 66 , 91

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:42 pm

zoxzix wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
3 , 100 , 57
1/2 The Shadows need arms, and the location of the Temple of the Sun. Finding, defeating, taking the weapons from, and torturing information from a group of surface dwellers seems the best option.
3. Send out a group to explore the nearby underdark, getting a firm knowledge of the monsters that surround us, and could be put to use.

1-2. You are able to surprise and defeat a bandit party of duerogar dwarves who was heading back into the underdark and steal their weaponry, mostly a variety of axes, hammers, and mattocks. Unfortunately you had to kill almost all of them for that, and you didn't gain any information about the Palace of the Sun. While all of the weapons are well made, none are enchanted.

3. North: Drow. East: Orcs and goblins. South: Aboleth + lots of water. West: Beholders.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Mandingo wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
22 , 56 , 85
It's been so long since I've been able to use my magic... But surely, numerous potential allies wait for me in the land of death, and I'm always more effective when working with a team.

1-2: I spend a short while concentrating on recollecting my magical abilities, just as a bit of a refresher course and to clarify my boundaries. Remembering a float spell is prioritized, of course, but beyond that I'll try to remember a spell or two for combat purposes in case my descent to the land of death is not so well received.

3: After testing my float spell (if I successfully remember one, of course) I will initiate my descent.

I seem to be a bit of a dunce and can't figure out how to get the dice roller to work, so once I have Gary explain that to me in detail I'll come back and edit the post.

1-2: you remember the following spells.

Firebolt - shoot a blast of fire
Shadowscreen - Enclose yourself in a cloud of darkness
Icy touch - melee hits become freezing cold for the duration
Gorogion's Gliding Flight - glide about similarly to a hang-glider, but without any materials or tools or anything.
Mesmeric glance - Hypnotize a target with your glowing eyes
Long sleep - Very similar to the generic "fall asleep suddenly" spell, but it lasts hours longer.
Dredge - Buried dead bodies float to the surface of the ground, bobbing to the surface as if rising through water.
Terrifying illusion - Project a huge and terrifying illusion of the "dark side" of your mind.
Poison cloud - Spit a cloud of vapor/fluid poison.

3. The journey down to the land of death goes off without a hitch.

The land of death is a single huge cave. It rains a continuous light rain of bloody venom, the drops falling from pointed bits of the ceiling. The ground is ashen or stone, large piles of bones are everywhere, bones so old they became a rock like substance everywhere, the only source of light is a mountain sized bonfire towards the center of the cave, and you can hear and smell very numerous zombies, ghouls, ghasts, and skeletons wandering through the cave. In some areas there are "bone" trees with sickly green fruit, guarded by puss and blood sweating zombies. To the east there is a large castle made entirely of blue-ish stone. Scattered throughout the area are pillars inscribed with the dead language of Velu-Veyd, the defiler cult kingdom from long ago. You don't speak the language of Velu-veyd, but you can tell by magical senses that the pillars are ancient and powerful and not something you want to fool with without knowing a lot more about it. As a creature of magic, you do however know that defiler magic is a form of soul-consumption magic that powers itself by eating "life" out of a radius around the user.

Alert! HA-YUUUUUGE greenish gray blob sighted! Heading towards you! Rotting bodies are riddled throughout the Oubliette Beast's humongous body and waves of visible stench emit from it. Fair warning: Oubliette beasts are size class G to C (40 to 70 ft).
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:07 am

57 , 61 , 55

1. Speak with the wind, the earth and the waters and ask for their help in spreading the news of our new home and our new purpose to people who would want to join us.

2. 3. Agree to the stonebirch's request and help them grow a new grove of stonebirch trees. Then we shall shape the branches we receive into proper weapons for those that are willing to fight.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:03 am

67 , 40 , 96
Wow, those big meanies! I better focus and grow my tentacles back :c
then, maybe I can get some nice shiny rocks for my toys and they can make me stuff!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by zoxzix Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:49 am

zoxzix carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
52 , 40 , 81
1. Send a small force to communicate with the Aboleth, if possible, and try and get it on our side.
2. Send a larger force to raid the Goblins and Orcs, taking weaponry.
3. Send a small force to the surface, to hide by day and move by night, to start the search for the Temple of the Sun.

zoxzix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum