NationAdv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Rogues

+5
Gary Oak
Dingus
Titus1
White Death
Bazrael
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What year would you like to play in?

House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_lcap36%House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_lcap36%House of Rogues - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

House of Rogues - Page 5 Empty Re: House of Rogues

Post by Dafty Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Random events this round

1. Bricklayers in scotland find a very archaic viking style tomb. Numerous artifacts are recovered and sent to museums.

2. Wildfire rages through south-western china.

3. First planet (other than earth) that "definitely" has "a civilization of some sort" on it found by the Hawking Observatory. Its way million times to distant to travel to.

4. Coca-Cola north america sells ownership to Nestle.

5. A very prototype T-101 is built in japan for the international symposium on the advancement of robotics. Player-run states may send official visitors if they wish to.

6. Three cases of Neponga reported in Afghanistan. Druza may issue orders on this situation to his forces in afghanistan without using an action to do so, over and above his usual 3 actions per turn.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by White Death Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 am

Stats:

1. Those appear to be some very precious metals. Our scientists could surely benefit from these materials either to further their research, or if nothing else, we could use this heavy element to tip our bullets as they would make for great armor piercing rounds. Either way the time for the Ukraine has come to begin an initiative furthering these metals.

2. It is time to complete the fortress cities by setting up the remaining defenses we require to ensure that the people of the Ukraine are protected at all times.

3. Check out that nasty cool T-101. It could help with Space Marine development.
White Death
White Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 am

The member 'White Death' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd100' : 58, 54, 79
Gary Oak
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

https://nationcivrun.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:13 am

Gary Oak carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
73 , 92 , 35
1; Promote trade with South Korea and engage in light diplomacy to maybe get sorta kinda on their good side
2-3; Begin making some sorta of mining system to gather large quantities of metals(mostly iron and tough metals) and make deals to have them imported in.
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:48 pm

SPECIAL!

Halloween Event: Day of Lavos.

Lavos Erupts from the Indian sea, tidal waves devastate east-africa, india, malaysia, and australia.

Lavos uses his special attack: Laser Holocaust.

All countries (in the world) lose seven cities and 60% of their population in a single day, each laser exploding like a low-yield atomic warhead. In addition, all countries (in the world) lose 30% of their infrastructure and 35% of their food stock.

EDIT: The lasers do explode like a low yield atomic, but there is no radiation whatsoever (none at all) released from them when they do.

The humongo-gigantic creature, which is roughly eight times the size of new york city, then flies into outer-space at mach 6. Hurricanes devastate every continent.

All player countries survived, but all player countries took damage.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:39 pm

Dafty wtf..
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Dafty, our countries were already low tier, you didn't need to send them back into the stone age.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 pm

I was tired of maintaing 7 hidden stats for each person's nation, so I did this to eliminate a lot of them.

Scrunity and Standing are no longer a thing, you now just need to dominate to win. I had to make it fair, so I had to hit everyone at once.

If, however, there is a universal feeling of "fuck this game" because of my action, I can (and will) undo my action and do something else for the Halloween once-a-year event.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:32 am

If they were hidden why not simply quietly discard them? It's not like us as players had any inkling they were there beyond whatever vague hints you might have put in our turns.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:24 am

I think it's fine,
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:07 pm

My interest in this game is dying a death of tedium. I never really did that well with mostly-real earth style civ games. Thats why my responses have been slow to nonexistent in this game for a long time.

I don't want to just give up on it, but its not-terribly-interesting to me at this point.

What should we do?
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Make new game
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by White Death Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Release the hidden stats, I wanna see what they were. Bets are on Anti-Semitism or something along the lines of Jews. Also I wanna see how Ukraine faired.
White Death
White Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:24 pm

White Death wrote:Release the hidden stats, I wanna see what they were. Bets are on Anti-Semitism or something along the lines of Jews. Also I wanna see how Ukraine faired.

Hidden stats were
>Happiness
>Public Health Physical
>Public Health Mental
>Domestic Tranquility
>Standing
>Scrutiny
>Safety Standard
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by White Death Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Silly man, I meant like how our nations scored on em.
White Death
White Death

Back to top Go down

Post by CFan Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:21 pm

White Death wrote:Release the hidden stats, I wanna see what they were. Bets are on Anti-Semitism or something along the lines of Jews. Also I wanna see how Ukraine faired.
same
CFan
CFan

http://8ch.net/nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:31 am

White Death wrote:Silly man, I meant like how our nations scored on em.

They weren't hard and fast deterministic "scores" per se, they were more particle physics style vagueries of "this is at here now" without actually putting specific numbers on it. One of the reasons it was a bit of a brain buster is because they're like that terrible movie the butterfly effect, any little thing can change them around, and sometimes they change more than once on the same turn.

But as for Ukraine and Xeno's state, I would say that you ranked somewhere in the region of "good" to "fair" in most things, with "very good" in a few things. I'm not going to get more specific than that, partly because I don't quite remember exactly-specifically where you were.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:43 am

Dafty wrote:
White Death wrote:Silly man, I meant like how our nations scored on em.

They weren't hard and fast deterministic "scores" per se, they were more particle physics style vagueries of "this is at here now" without actually putting specific numbers on it. One of the reasons it was a bit of a brain buster is because they're like that terrible movie the butterfly effect, any little thing can change them around, and sometimes they change more than once on the same turn.

But as for Ukraine and Xeno's state, I would say that you ranked somewhere in the region of "good" to "fair" in most things, with "very good" in a few things. I'm not going to get more specific than that, partly because I don't quite remember exactly-specifically where you were.

Tell me my "scores"
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Druza

>Happiness: Good
>Public Health Physical: Very good
>Public Health Mental: Fair
>Domestic Tranquility: Strong
>Standing: Weak
>Scrutiny: Moderate
>Safety Standard: Somewhat regulated

see how it works? Like I said, they aren't "scores" they're more like vague ranges.

Redaeth had the strongest domestic tranquility but the slowest growing standing. One of the reasons this burned me out is because theres a brazillion things to calculate behind the scenes to determine where these scores stand, and the autist simulation-being-as-close-to-reality-as-possible in me won't go along with this without it being a strong simulation of real life, with the exception of once a year holiday events, such as the day of lavos happening on halloween or turkeys rain from the heavens on thanksgiving day.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum